We are a very active organization.
View our 2016 Annual Report and see what we have been up to during this past year.
Fulfilling our mission, we:
- Publish a monthly four page newsletter, eight pages quarterly with interesting history related articles and trivia
- Publish books and videos/CD's on history of Tualatin and its people
- Work to save endangered historic sites and buildings, like the Brick Store
- Present monthly programs with guest speakers
- Collect, scan and archive photos
- Put on harvest festivals and cultural events
- Maintain a garden of heirloom plants
- Sponsor historical, cultural, civic, and environmental classes and workshops
- Identify important sites with markers
- Conduct antique appraisals where heirlooms are identified and appraised
- Arrange tours of historic buildings
- Maintain a family archive for generalogical research
- Collect and publish oral histories
- Provide on-site recording for self-narrated family stories
- Create hands-on projects with local schools, including having children "experience" pioneer life
- Produce programs dramatizing events of local history
All of this is supported by volunteers. We welcome all who would like to work on projects like these that preserve and celebrate history.